Coronavirus (COVID-19) update – 19 March 2020
Mettis Aerospace remains operational and we continue to deliver for our customers while protecting the wellbeing of everyone involved in our operations.
We take our responsibility to the public and the economy seriously, following the advice and recommendations from the Government, Public Health England and the World Health Organisation.
- All our people are being more stringent around hygiene and cleaning regimes. We have also taken steps to shield those with known medical conditions.
- Our people are flexing their working hours, shift patterns and rotations with other team members to maximise continuity of delivery.
- Unless business critical, visitors and contractors are not permitted on our site and, those who are, will be screened prior to entry.
- Delivery drivers will be restricted to their cabs.
- Travel is being restricted and meetings, unless business critical, cancelled.
We are meeting daily to monitor and minimise any impacts on our people, customers and the general public, for example, from border controls and other official measures. This enables us to respond rapidly to any changes. During this time, we will communicate directly and regularly with customers and other affected parties.